June General Membership Meeting
2 June, 2015
Guest Speaker: John Coble
John Coble is the Chief Architect for Software Integration at SAIC. He has recent experience designing and implementing Cloud, Mobile, and Social Computing solutions as well as leading global Supply Chain Management and Enterprise Resource Planning projects. This experience has centered on the delivery of large-scale business-critical information systems for DoD, Aerospace, Energy, Semiconductor, and Internet communities.
Prior to joining SAIC John worked for SAP Labs in Palo Alto where he led the development of the Distributor Reseller Management (DRM) module. He has led several global SAP implementations, while at Apple he developed their Sales Forecasting and Product Planning System; he also worked with Accenture’s Supply Chain Management practice immediately after college
Today, John supports 1,800 software developers with all things technical including:
• Project implementation support for major programs
• Creating software roadmaps and leading software tools development
• Business Development: solution architecture, technical writing, and leading color reviews
• Overseeing software labs, supporting IR&D efforts, and protecting IP rights
• Researching software vendors tools and offerings
• Support for Agile, DevOps, and native cloud development patterns
• Mentoring and growing young engineering talent
• Past mentor to La Jolla High Robotics Team and member of STEM Advisory Council
In addition to the above, John has worked with SAIC’s senior management team and board members to help create and define SAIC’s commercial strategy.
Fun Facts: John bikes to work and is an avid cyclist and skier; at one time he held a professional Moto-Cross license, he currently rides a Ducati Monster.